Don’t let making your own baby food intimidate you. This Banana Berry Puree with Sweet Potato, Carrot, Greek Yogurt and Quinoa is so easy to prepare!
This post is sponsored by Babymoov. As always, thank you for reading and for supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create unique content and recipes for you from readily accessible ingredients. All opinions are always my own.
While pregnant, the one question that every single person who knows me asked was, “are you going to make your own food?” Since cooking is my job, It’s only natural that I would jump at the chance to prepare healthy and delicious meals for my little one, right? Duh! Now, I won’t lie. She does get organic baby food pouches from time to time when we’re out and about or when my stock is low, but for the most part, I love it when she gets to gobble down something I’ve fixed in the kitchen. This Banana Berry Puree with Sweet Potato, Carrot, Greek Yogurt and Quinoa was VERY well received, as you’ll see in the photos below.
If I could recommend one item to make baby food making easier for new parents, it would be the Babymoov Duo Meal Station. I’m so excited to say that we’ll be working together to share some delicious baby food recipes as Miss Norah grows! Right now she’s still mainly on purees, so this is the perfect opportunity to talk to you about the blender side of their machine. With a 9 cup capacity, you have plenty of room to blend and blitz until the ingredients are at the perfect consistency for your babe. Plus, it has three blending speeds that’ll cut through your food like no body’s business. I could literally go on and on, but I’ll save some of the amazing features for later. Stay tuned to hear more about the MANY things that the Babymoov Duo Meal Station does!
I feel so excited to be posting this on International Women’s Day! Having a daughter is the most exciting and terrifying thing at the same time. My goal is to always empower her to stand up for herself in any situation and give her the confidence she needs to reach her goals and love herself. Happy International Women’s Day to all my ladies out there!
She LOVED it!
Check out our 6-month baby favorites for more of our go-to gear!
- 1 banana, broken into chunks
- 1 carrot, sliced into rounds
- ½ sweet potato, diced
- ½ cup mixed berries
- 1 5-oz container plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup quinoa, cooked to package directions
- Using the steamer station on the Babymoov Duo Meal Station, steam the sweet potatoes 20-30 minutes until tender. While those are steaming you can prepare your quinoa according to the package directions. Allow the quinoa, sweet potatoes, and carrots to cool completely before pureeing.
- Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of the Babymoov food processor and blend until all ingredients are smooth.
- Freeze in 4 oz portions or serve refrigerated within 3 days.