For me, simplicity is key when making side dishes. These Ginger Sesame Roasted Broccoli are as easy as it gets. A few standout ingredients go a long way to complement something as ordinary as broccoli.
One of my favorite flavor combinations for broccoli, is garlic, ginger, and sesame all being roasted together to perfection. If you think you don’t like broccoli, try roasting it and I can almost guarantee you’ll have a change of heart!
Next up: I’ll be trying this same recipe while roasting some baby bok choy. Yum!
TIP: If you have a handheld grater like a Microplane, try grating your ginger and garlic to make a fine paste. That way, there are no pieces larger than others, and it’s evenly distributed!
- 1 lb broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 tsp finely minced or grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp finely minced or grated fresh garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk together 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil, ginger, garlic, salt, and pepper. In a large bowl, toss the broccoli florets with the olive oil mixture until well coated. Spread broccoli on a large sheet pan.
- Roast for 15 minutes, until the tips of some of the florets are browned and crispy.
- Remove the broccoli from the oven and immediately toss with 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, sesame oil, and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve hot.