When pizza night rolls around, this low-carb Ham, Caramelized Onion, and Kale Cauliflower Pizza will be the icing on top of your healthy week!
This post is sponsored by Prime Fresh Delicatessen. As always, thank you for reading and for supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create unique content and recipes for you from readily accessible ingredients. All opinions are always my own.
If you’re anything like me, you’re still trying your best to stay on top of that healthy 2019 resolution. If you’ve fallen off the wagon more times than you can count because of bland and boring food, this Ham, Caramelized Onion, and Kale Cauliflower Pizza is here to save the day.
I’ve been reluctant to jump on the crazy cauliflower bandwagon, but it seems I’ve finally cracked. Cauliflower pizza crust is actually pretty amazing. I’ve never made it myself, but I use the frozen version frequently as a wonderful lower carb option. Besides, pizza is really all about the toppings anyway, right? For this pizza, I opted out of sauce in favor of a cheesy white pizza. To go with the flavorful caramelized onions and nutritious kale, I chose to add Prime Fresh Delicatessen Honey Ham as my main protein.
Whenever I’m trying to eat better, quality deli meats are a constant must-have in my fridge. Thankfully, Prime Fresh Delicatessen delivers fresh, premium lunch meat in six delicious varieties. I love having their smoked turkey on-hand so I can always have a healthy snack on the go (I like to roll it up with a piece of pepper jack and dust with chili lime seasoning for a kick!). No matter what lifestyle you adhere to, protein is an essential component and Prime Fresh is an easy and healthy way to incorporate it into your diet. Plus, their meats are always gluten-free with no MSG, and are packaged in a Resealable zip-lock that keeps it fresher, longer.
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 10.6 oz frozen cauliflower crust, prepared according to directions
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices Prime Fresh Honey Ham, torn into bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup kale, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium pan over medium heat, melt butter and add thinly sliced onion. Sauté, stirring frequently until the onions are brown and reduced, being careful not to burn. This should take about 15-20 minutes, set aside.
- Prepare frozen cauliflower crust according to directions on the box. In general, you will preheat the oven to 450°F and crisp the crust prior to topping. When the crust is ready, carefully top with shredded mozzarella, Prime Fresh Honey Ham, chopped kale, and caramelized onions. Season with a sprinkle of salt and pepper and return to the oven to melt the cheese, about 5 minutes. Slice into wedges and serve immediately.