Easy slow cooker side dishes are like gold! Get ready for this low-carb Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti Squash recipe to become a new favorite!
We’re still keeping it on the (semi)healthy train today with my super easy Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti Squash!
Spaghetti squash is one of my favorite things to play with and I find myself gravitating towards it more this time of year. We’ve all used it in place of pasta with marinara sauce, but it’s SO much more than a spaghetti alternative! It’s incredibly sweet so I love simply dressing it up as a side dish. The only two things I hate about making it is that it tends to take even longer than my main dish to roast in the oven and it’s so dang hard to slice in half! My solution is to cook the whole thing in a slow cooker so it’s tender and ready to go when you get home. It’s genius!
All you have to do it poke it a few times like a baked potato and stick it in the slow cooker dry. I’ve found that depending on the size it takes about 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low. Once it’s tender, just let it cool and the whole thing slices in two like butter. Scoop out the seeds, flake the flesh with a fork and you’re ready to season it as you see fit! I find that a combo of garlic, cream and parmesan goes alongside just about anything, but the world is your flavor oyster. Now, Go forth and cook the easiest dish ever!
Seriously, it’s THAT easy.
- 1 small (1-2 pound) spaghetti squash
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- chopped fresh parsley leaves for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Carefully pierce your spaghetti squash with a sharp knife 6-8 times all around. Place it in the bowl of your slow cooker and cook for 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
- Once the squash is tender, remove from the slow cooker and allow to cool slightly. Once you can safely handle it, slice lengthwise and scoop out seeds.
- Using a fork, scrape the flesh to create long strands.
- Return the flesh to the slow cooker and turn it on low. Add cream, garlic, and butter and stir to combine. Continue to cook on low, stirring occasionally, until thickened and creamy.
- Add Parmesan and stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper appropriately.
- Serve immediately topped with additional Parmesan and chopped parsley.
Subscribe to get recipes
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get new and exciting recipes sent to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.