Hello, everyone! Today I’m bringing you a recipe for these filling and DELICIOUS Salted Caramel Chocolate Protein Bites. They have only 5 ingredients, require no cooking and are SO good for you. They’re perfect for a post workout snack and can travel with you wherever you go.
I recently discovered that when dates are combined with almond butter they bear a striking flavor resemblance to caramel. Too good to be true? Wrong. Add a sprinkle of sea salt, chocolate vegan protein powder and chia seeds and you have one heck of a healthy snack.
- 1 cup Medjool dates
- 3 tbsp almond butter (stir before measuring if it’s separated)
- 1 scoop vegan chocolate protein powder (I use Plant Fusion)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- Pulse dates in food processor until they start to get creamy, but small pieces remain.
- Add almond butter, protein powder, sea salt, chia seeds, and oats. Pulse until everything is well combined.
- Quickly roll into 1-inch balls and place each one on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Transfer to the refrigerator and allow them to set up for at least 30 minutes.
- I like to store mine in the fridge, but they will last for 1 week in an airtight container.