Thank you Freshpet for sponsoring this post. Check out Freshpet refrigerated pet food, made with fresh, all natural ingredients and no artificial preservatives, truly making a difference you can see and your pet will feel!
These Southwestern Stuffed Peppers are an easy and delicious weeknight staple that you need in your arsenal. The whole family will love them!
True story, my pup is an extremely picky eater. You would think that because he’s a large breed he would race to his bowl everytime we put food in it. Not the case. He eats okay, but we usually have to coax it a little. The exception to this rule — is when he eats Freshpet. I kid you not, I can already tell that he’s put on weight (in a good way!) since he started with their program. He’s always been a very lean and active dog and my hope with incorporating the Freshpet dog food and treats was that he would get excited about eating again. Boy, did I get my wish! I love that Freshpet is real, all-natural pet food, fresh from the fridge. Their products have no additives or preservatives, and they never use pre-processed meat powders, “chicken meals,” or by-products – just real US meat as the #1 ingredient, and real veggies you can see. It literally looks like something that I would eat and I love feeling like I’m not shoveling him full of nasty ingredients. I always try my best to eat fresh whole foods, and I want the same for him. Since he can’t choose his own food, I want to provide him with only the best.
Freshpet is teaming up with HelloFresh, the meal kit delivery service that you’ve surely heard of. This collaboration puts the fun back in cooking, to bring the power of fresh food to you and your pet. The #FreshWithYourPet Meal Plan is a way to change your idea of how easy it is to cook delicious and easy meals at home, but also bring the same benefits of a fresh and well-balanced diet to your pet. A healthy and fresh lifestyle is something that’s always been important to me, and believe it or not, I also have moments of not wanting to plan out every meal and do all of the grocery shopping. I can’t tell you how much having HelloFresh deliveries has helped me during the week. The one thing that was unexpected for me was the quality of the produce. Everything has been perfectly ripe, crisp, ultra-fresh and beautiful. I’ve never even had something with so much as a bruise on it, and that’s very impressive to me. As someone who creates recipes, I found it so much fun to follow along with their instructions, and I even learned a thing or two! My husband also cooked one with no help from me, and it turned out wonderful. I think it goes without saying that their meals are great for foodies and newbies, alike. So many people say that they hate cooking, but I guarantee that they wouldn’t say that with a HelloFresh box.
Now, it’s time for a giveaway! You could win 1 of 10 free HelloFresh boxes and $39 worth of Freshpet manufacturer coupons! Enter the giveaway below by following the @Freshpet account on Twitter, visiting Freshpet on Facebook, and leaving me a comment here telling me a little something about your pet! You can enter from October 9 – October 16, 2017, and the winners will be randomly selected and notified by CLEVER by October 17, 2017. You must be 18 or over, a US resident only, and there can only be one winner per household. Goodluck!
Check out my Kansas City BBQ Stuffed Peppers!
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 10 oz ground beef
- 1 tbsp Southwest spice blend
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 14 oz box crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Bring chicken stock to a boil in a small pot. Once the stock is boiling, add the quinoa to pot. Cover, lower heat, and reduce to a simmer. Cook until tender, 15-20 mins.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and scallions. Cook, tossing, until softened, 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add beef, breaking up meat into pieces. Cook until browned, 3-4 minutes. Stir in Southwest spice and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir tomatoes into the pan with the beef and simmer until the tomatoes have reduced slightly about 5 minutes. Add quinoa to the pan and stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- While the filling cooks, halve the bell peppers lengthwise and remove the ribs and seeds. Rub with a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast in the oven until softened, 5-7 minutes.
- Stuff bell peppers with as much filling as will fit. Sprinkle cheese on top of each pepper. Return to the oven and continue roasting until very soft, about 10 minutes. Divide remaining filling between plates and place stuffed bell peppers on top. Serve with lime wedges on the side.
Recipe adapted from HelloFresh
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.